FundApps is a startup that helps investment managers stay in sync with worldwide regulations. Our competition is stuck in the dark ages with slow, clunky, complicated user interfaces and installed software. We're shaking up the industry - providing a beautiful & intuitive web-based service which takes away our customer's pains and lets them get on with what they do best.
Rapptr, our main product, isn't some shiny but vacant consumer app. There's real complexity both in terms of volumes of data that we deal with, and how we visualise the results of hundreds of rules running across thousands of portfolios - in a way that's simple, understandable and easy to manage.
We're a small team of smart, friendly people who collaborate closely and take pride in delivering amazing software and providing extraordinary customer support. You’ll help shape what we work on and how we do it. You won’t be micro-managed or stuck in a rut. We work hard on challenging problems and have a good time doing it.
We believe focusing on automation, testing and code quality enables us to move faster than our competitors whilst delivering better software.
As a growing, lean, SaaS business we are seeking an IT Manager to help us take the next step in scaling the business. With 40 employees globally, across 5 locations the Technology Specialist will be responsible for building out the current offering to deliver IT right. You will be expected to drive IT strategy and ensure that the working environment we provide our people is second to none. Whilst this role will include some level of first-line support, we believe all our people manage technology in their lives and don’t need to raise a ticket to get batteries for their mouse. Your time is much better spent thinking about effective policies for BYOD, how to painlessly onboard new staff and what hot new products can drive efficiency and transparency across the organisation.
What will I be doing?
- Reporting to the CTO, driving new innovations for security and efficiency within internal IT
- Working with Production Operations & Security teams (where appropriate) to drive continuous improvements
- Taking ownership of Single Sign-On across the company, managing all 3rd party SaaS connections
- Automating all the IT-things, e.g. machine setup, user creation
- Ensuring that our AV is top-notch, both in our offices and allowing our remote employees to have a seamless experience
- Taking ownership of hardware through its whole lifecycle (specifying, provisioning, inventory, warranty, retiring)
- Having responsibility of device management for a mixture of Windows & MacOS machines and BYOD, ensuring devices and updated and compliant with internal policies
- Management of small Meraki deployment
- Vendor management & negotiating for both with hardware & SaaS vendors
- Proven work experience as a Technology Specialist, IT Manager or related role
- An eye for identifying opportunities for automation (we love doing that!)
- Hands on experience of hardware and device management
- Up-to-date knowledge of internal information security and compliance
- Demonstrable experience of using, implementing, maintaining, driving innovations in internal IT
- Strong vendor management of 3rd party vendors (Hardware & SaaS)
- No bureaucracy, just get it done
- Relaxed, spacious office in the heart of Shoreditch with Sonos & fresh ☕
- Flexible working. It's not perfect yet, but we're committed to making it work.
- £1,000 budget per year for conferences, books, training etc.
- Peer-led learning, knowledge sharing and professional development across the company through "Brown-bag lunch" sessions
- We'll cover expenses to any conference or event you're speaking at.
- 25 days holiday leave + an extra day next year if you use it all
- Unlimited sick, professional development and compassionate leave
- Birthday off :)
- Very competitive reward package
- Bumper Fruit basket on Mondays, Deskbeers on Fridays and a whole lot of social activity all week (5-a-side, badminton, squash, pubs)
- Monthly team outings
- 2 days company volunteering & 32 hours of paid personal volunteering leave to use with an organisation of your choice
- Half price gym membership
- Progressive parental leave offering - 12 weeks for all new parents
- Cycle to work & Tech schemes
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loans
- Generous pension contribution.
- Relaxed, spacious office in Shoreditch with Sonos & fresh ☕
Equality & diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We really strive to answer all applicants, however if you have not had a response within 4 weeks, please assume your application has not been successful.