FundApps is a startup that helps investment managers stay in sync with worldwide regulations. Our competition is stuck in the dark ages with slow, clunky, complicated user interfaces and installed software. We're shaking up the industry - providing a beautiful & intuitive web-based service which takes away our clients' pains and lets them get on with what they do best.
We've won multiple accolades from organisations such as Wired, World Economic Forum, Deloitte amongst others.
We're a small team (currently ca. 35 people) of smart, friendly people with amazing diversity - 23 nationalities at last count. Our HQ is in London and we have a growing office in midtown Manhattan. We collaborate very closely and take pride in delivering an amazing service to our clients, who are some of the world's largest asset managers, hedge funds and pension funds.
We've successfully bootstrapped our way to profitability, so we have an incredible amount of freedom when it comes to creating our own destiny.
Read more about us and see a video of us live in action: https://fundapps.workable.com/
The Content team is responsible for reviewing and analysing financial regulations and translating these regulations into algorithms.
As part of the team, you will be supporting existing clients with queries related to the interpretation of compliance regulations across 93 jurisdictions, as well working directly with Allen & Overy, our legal information provider.
You will be responsible for coding rules directly into our rules engine and working with the development team to enhance the functionality and scope of the rules. It is a role involving a unique mix of finance, law, and IT.
You'll be responsible for a wide range of tasks including:
- Working with the team to express complex financial regulation into a domain-specific rule language.
- Creating, maintaining, and enhancing the rule testing framework to ensure that the rule algorithm follows a test-driven-development structure.
- Researching and answering customer queries around the coding and interpretation of specific rules. This will require a high degree of understanding of financial services regulations across different jurisdictions, as well as an understanding of different financial products and their structure.
- Communicating with developers, product management, and other team members regarding modifications and enhancements to our service driven by regulatory change.
- Promoting and documenting best practices for the team around the coding and testing of regulation to ensure the highest levels of accuracy.
- Reviewing and interpreting regulatory changes from around the world to help update the content of our service.
- Critical thinker with solid analytical problem solving skills
- Knowledge of financial instruments (equities, bonds, derivatives etc.).
- You're great at explaining things to people, and have flawless written English.
- Background in a finance, quantitative, or regulatory analyst role (bonus points if it’s in a SaaS, RegTech or FinTech company)
- A high degree of ownership and autonomy
- Authorisation to work in the UK
- Experience in the financial services industry, preferably buy-side
- Some basic scripting experience, e.g. VBA, SQL, ruby, python, to code and test rules
- Experience in acceptance testing
- No bureaucracy, just get it done.
- Relaxed, spacious office in the heart of Shoreditch with Sonos & fresh ☕.
- Flexible working. It's not perfect yet, but we're committed to making it work.
- £1,000 Personal learning budget
- Peer-led learning, knowledge sharing and professional development across the company through "Brown-bag lunch" sessions on a fortnightly basis.
- We'll cover expenses to any conference or event you're speaking at.
- Bumper Fruit basket on Mondays, Deskbeers on Fridays and a whole lot of social activity all week (5-a-side, badminton, squash, pubs).
- Monthly team outings.
- 2 days company volunteering & 32 hours of paid personal volunteering leave to use with an organisation of your choice.
- Half price gym membership.
- Progressive maternity and paternity policy.
- Cycle to work & Tech schemes.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Season ticket loans.
- Generous pension contribution.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We really strive to answer all applicants, however if you have not had a response within 4 weeks, please assume your application has not been successful.