FundApps is a startup that helps investment managers stay in sync with worldwide regulations. Our competition is stuck in the dark ages with slow, clunky, complicated user interfaces and installed software. We're shaking up the industry - providing a beautiful & intuitive web-based service which takes away our customer's pains and lets them get on with what they do best.
Rapptr, our main product, isn't some shiny but vacant consumer app. There's real complexity both in terms of volumes of data that we deal with, and how we visualise the results of hundreds of rules running across thousands of portfolios - in a way that's simple, understandable and easy to manage.
We ❤️ clean, simple code (and fun times)
We're a small team of smart, friendly people who collaborate closely and take pride in delivering amazing software and providing extraordinary customer support. You’ll help shape what we work on and how we do it. You won’t be micro-managed or stuck in a rut. We work hard on challenging problems and have a good time doing it.
We believe focusing on automation, testing and code quality enables us to move faster than our competitors whilst delivering better software.
We are looking for motivated, intelligent individuals who love to code to join our close-knit engineering team. We pride ourselves in getting our engineers up and running fast – expect to build and deploy your first feature in week one.
- You get a thrill from getting things done and deployed to users.
- You care about your craft and are hungry to learn new skills and improve your existing ones. Whilst we have .NET at the core of our stack, we’re pragmatic about other technologies and open-minded about your technology background.
- You know and appreciate automated testing, clean code and continuous deployment.
- You are a pragmatist who believes in strong opinions weakly held.
- You have working rights in the UK
What will I be working on?
You’ll be able to work across the whole stack - from automating infrastructure and tweaking back-end message processing through to front end design and UI. Some of the challenges we're tackling right now include:
- UI. We're head and shoulders above our competitors, but have a long way to go to evolve our user experience.
- Data. Our customers are growing, the amount of data they're sending us is growing. How do we handle the increasing volume of data, what tools can we build to gain insight from our data?.
- Architecture. We're breaking out our components into standalone services - not quite micro-services but we're getting there. Our goal is to shift the complexity from individual components to the communication between them.
- Automated infrastructure. We run all our services in AWS with fully automated deployments.
- Security. How can we ensure we exceed the highest security expectations of our customers, in the cloud.
- Features. What do you build, how much do you build, when do you build it? Our ongoing challenge is to be responsive to customers whilst staying laser focused on our vision.
Our technology stack
We use the best tools for the job and you'll have full input into what our stack evolves into. We're currently using:
- AWS, Slack, GitHub, Sentry
- React, Redux, Webpack, Gulp, Jest, Jasmine, Selenium
- C#, Go, F#, ASP.NET, ReSharper, NCrunch
- SQL Server, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, HAProxy
- Hashicorp Atlas, Terraform, Packer, SumoLogic, TeamCity, Octopus
- No bureaucracy, just get it done
- Relaxed, spacious office in Shoreditch with Sonos & fresh ☕
- Generous personal budget to spend as you see fit on books, conferences, training subscriptions etc.
- Peer-led learning, knowledge sharing and professional development across the company through "Brown-bag lunch" sessions on a weekly basis
- We'll cover expenses to any conference or event you're speaking at
- Bumper Fruit basket on Mondays, healthy snacks and a whole lot of social activity all week (board games, 5-a-side, badminton)
- Monthly socials (paintballing, karaoke and minigolf were all popular recent trips)
- 2 days company volunteering & 32 hours of paid personal volunteering leave to use with an organisation of your choice
- Generous pension contribution
- Half price gym membership & cycle to work scheme
- Progressive maternity and paternity policy
- Quality equipment and a fantastic location in the heart of Shoreditch
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We really strive to answer all applicants, however if you have not had a response within 4 weeks, please assume your application has not been successful.